A network of 4 “Wëlldéier drop-off” which will serve as temporary accommodation for wild animals in distress will be activated from 1 May 2018. These four structures built in containers will be open 24 hours a day and will allow the taking into wounded or young wild animals.
Since the Ministries of the Interior and the Environment wish the wild animal welfare to be supported by the emergency services, these facilities are therefore located near Fire and Rescue Center (CIS).
Spread across the country, the 4 short-term wildlife shelters are located in:
– Clervaux: Fire and Rescue Center, village street
– Dudelange: Wildlife Care Center, Parc Le’h
– Junglinster: Fire and Rescue Center, 1 Emile Nilles Street
– Niederfeulen: National School of Fire and Rescue Service, 25 rue de la Wark
Call the 24-hour Wildlife Care Center at 26 51 39 90
Issued by the Department of the Environment and the Health ministry, here are the 10 golden rules to follow when finding a wounded or young wild animal:
1 – Stay calm
2 – Do not put yourself unnecessarily at risk by underestimating the risk of being injured by wild animals, or by road traffic
3 – Do not touch the animal unless it is really in distress and needs help
4 – Reduce stress for the animal (put it in a quiet, dark place, and do not expose it)
5 – Call the Dudelange Wildlife Care Center available 24/24 to 26 51 39 90
6 – Be guided towards one of the four facilities for injured or young wild animals: the “Drop-off” (short-term assistance) and the wildlife care center (long-term assistance)
7 – Carry the animal in a suitable transport box (for example a carton box with ventilation holes so that the animal can breathe)
8 – Do not bring the animal home to treat it yourself
9 – Do not give food to the wild animal
10 – Do not give drugs to the wild animal
In case of a traffic accident with a wild animal
1 – Get safe (reflective vest, warning lights)
2 – Secure the accident site by means of a warning triangle
3 – Call the 113 (except in case of injury of the road user dial 112)
Share this page with:
- Firefighters Luxembourg – Dan Kersch thanks emergency services keywords: volunteer firefighters and professionals, emergency services, cgdis, luxembourg. Interior Minister Dan Kersch immediately thanked firefighters and the Rescue Services Administration after the severe thunderstorms of Sunday 29 April evening...
- CATTENOM – FIREFIGHTERS INTERVENTION AFTER SMOKE ALERT keywords: cattenom, nuclear power station, firemen, france. EDF, which operates the Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant, communicates this morning on the intervention of French firefighters and the absence of any risk...
- FIREFIGHTERS LUXEMBOURG – CIS TANDEL GETS ONE VEHICLE keywords: firefighters firemen luxembourg, cis tandel, pump water tank LF 20, luxembourg. It was in the presence of the Minister of the Interior Dan Kersch that the Fire and Rescue...
- SECURITY LUXEMBOURG – SMOKE DETECTORS MANDATORY SOON keywords: smoke detectors, fire prevention, apartment buildings, luxembourg. A bill is coming to make smoke detectors mandatory in apartment buildings in Luxembourg. Already mandatory in other European countries such as...