keywords: ram car, london bridge, terrorist attack, england.
Two and an half months after the Westminster Bridge ram car attack that killed many in the center of London, the British capital is hit again by terrorism today. The same ram car process process was used by terrorists.
According to a London Police statement:
“Since late yesterday evening [Saturday, 3 June], the Metropolitan Police Service has been responding to incidents in the London Bridge and Borough Market areas of south London. We are treating this as a terrorist incident and a full investigation is already underway, led by the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command.
You will understand that our knowledge of the incident is still growing but what we understand at the present time is:
- At 22.08 yesterday evening we began to receive reports that a vehicle had struck pedestrians on London Bridge.
- The vehicle continued to drive from London Bridge to Borough Market.
- The suspects then left the vehicle and a number of people were stabbed, including an on-duty British Transport Police officer who was responding to the incident at London Bridge. He received serious but not life-threatening injuries. His family has been informed.
- Armed officers responded very quickly and bravely, confronting three male suspects who were shot and killed in Borough Market. The suspects had been confronted and shot by the police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes.
The ongoing operation is led by the Met, working closely with British Transport Police, City of London Police, the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade.
At this stage, we believe that six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot dead by police. And at least 20 casualties have been taken to six hospitals across London, but numbers are still rising.
I’d like to repeat our request for the public to avoid the following areas: London Bridge and Borough Market. This is to allow emergency services to deal with this incident.
The investigation is being led by the Counter Terrorism Command and we would ask anybody who has images or film of the incident to pass those to police.
Our thoughts are with all those involved and those responding to both incidents. Those who are concerned about a loved one can contact the casualty bureau on 0800 0961 233.
We are reviewing and planning to strengthen our policing stance across London over the forthcoming days, and there will be additional police and officers deployed across the capital.
I would like to ask the public to remain vigilant and let us know if they see anything suspicious that causes them concern and dial 999 immediately.”
Share this page with:
- ALLEMAGNE – PAQUET SUSPECT CONTENANT DES EXPLOSIFS AU MINISTERE DES FINANCES mots-clés: allemagne, attentat, terrorisme, déminage. La série noire continue en Allemagne, le risque terroriste reste maximum de la même façon. Un colis contenant des explosifs a été découvert cet...
- LONDON – RAM CAR ATTACK ON WESTMINSTER BRIDGE – 4 DEADS INCLUDING TERRORIST AND ONE POLICE OFFICER keywords: attack, ram car, london, terrorism. Shortly before 3 pm an attacker launched his ram car on the pavement of the Westminster Bridge making 12 wounded, continued his route to...
- ISLAMIC STATE CLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR MANCHESTER ATTACK ISIS/Daesh claims responsibility for the Manchester attack. Last night a suicide bombing attack killed 22 and injured over 60 at Manchester arena just after an Ariana Grande concert. Share this...
- LONDON – WESTMINSTER BRIDGE EVACUATED BY POLICE Westminster Bridge temporarily closed down because of unattended vehicle. Reopen at 8pm Luxembourg time. Share this page with:...